Animator/producer position open at KIOS-FM, here is your invitation to join our team!
Have you ever listened morning edition and thought, “I would like to do this”, or grabbing All things Considered realized, “I can also do this job?”
Now is your chance to join the KIOS-FM team!
There is a current opening for an on-air producer/host and you can apply directly at this link: https://omaha.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=12050.
There is a job description below. What better way to provide member support than to be part of the friendly staff that brings KIOS-FM to you every day?
We look forward to meeting you!
KIOS-FM Producer and Host – Job Description
Job title: KIOS-FM Producer/Host
Location: Teachers Administration Center, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha NE
Reports to: KIOS station manager
Work Schedule/FLSA Status: Part-time 20-29 hours per week; flexible schedule on weekdays and/or weekends; not exempt
Salary grid: This is a non-traded position. Compensation and benefits will be administered in accordance with district policy.
Purpose of the position: KIOS-FM’s producing/hosting companies compile, edit and produce local and regional content for the airwaves. Works as a host for KIOS programming and assists the program director with day-to-day production tasks. Work shifts as needed. Able to deliver a broadcast in a clear and easy to understand manner.
Core Performance Responsibilities
- Program accommodation
- Works as a host for KIOS programming and assists the program director with day-to-day production tasks.
- Work shifts as needed.
- Able to deliver a broadcast in a clear and easy to understand manner.
- Maintenance of online platforms
- Interview and audio production
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in broadcasting, journalism or related field or equivalent relevant experience preferred.
- At least two years of professional on-air experience in a similar position as a host or journalist preferred.
- Experience hosting public radio news and fundraising is preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and production skills are preferred.
- Production experience, including the use of broadcast equipment, and proficiency with audio editing and automation software is preferred.
- Experience collecting interviews for broadcast and conducting live interviews is preferred.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor and other central office administrators designated by the Superintendent.
Equipment: This position may require the ability to use basic office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines. Must always follow OPS guidelines regarding use of equipment.
Travel: Limited travel may be required.
Physical and mental demands, occupational hazards:
- Must be able to react quickly in an emergency.
- Must have organizational, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work in school buildings and central office environments.
- Contact with district staff and with customers and suppliers.
- Will work under the direct supervision of the department supervisor in order to accomplish day-to-day tasks.
- Will work with a diverse population requiring the ability to handle all situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Must understand and respond appropriately to customer needs and maintain a positive attitude with all customers and colleagues.
- Should interact with all internal and external customers in a friendly and professional manner and provide prompt and responsive customer service.
Punctuality and appearance of employees
- For schools to operate effectively, employees must perform all assigned duties and work all scheduled hours on each designated work day, unless the employee has received an approved leave of absence.
- Any deviation from assigned hours must be pre-approved by the employee’s supervisor or building administrator.
- All employees are required to report to work dressed in a manner that reflects a positive image of Omaha Public Schools and is appropriate for their position.
Terms of employment
This position is treated as a part-time non-exempt classified position. The terms of your employment will be governed by applicable state laws governing employment in a Nebraska public school and school board policies, as such laws and policies may change from time to time. If your position is represented by a collective bargaining representative, your employment will also be governed by an agreement negotiated between the OPS and that collective bargaining representative.
The job offer is conditioned by:
- Obtain and provide verification of all licenses, certificates and other requirements for the position (e.g. paraprofessionals achieving “highly qualified status”, etc.), as identified and maintain all licenses, certificates and requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check that demonstrates to the OPS that the background is acceptable for the position.
- Verification of US citizenship or legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if required for the position being offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required for the position offered).
Omaha Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities, employment and provides access equal to Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. (531-299-0307)
The Omaha Public School District is committed to providing reasonable access and accommodations in its services, programs, activities, education, and employment to people with disabilities. To request disability accommodations as part of the application process, please contact the Human Resources Department at 531-299-0240.
|Main location||Teachers Administrative Center|
|Wage scale||$18.89 – $18.89 / per hour|
|Offset type||Part time|
|Last name||Kelly Ram|
Thank you for supporting Omaha Public Radio.