HEALTH MANAGER AND TEAM LEADER (Local Post) – Cameroon
International Medical Corps offers to support the Ministry of Health in providing integrated health services (including mental health, reproductive health care), nutrition and food security to displaced people as well as host communities affected by conflict in Mbengwi, Njikwa, Fundong, Ako and Ndop Health Districts. Targeted beneficiaries will receive free primary health care, including mental and reproductive health care, nutrition and food security services through health facilities that will be identified as in need according to the report needs assessment.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the execution of health activities/projects at all sites in the North West region supported by IMC.
- Monitor the effective use of drugs procured under project funds and provide technical advice and coordination of the purchase, storage and use of drugs and medical products.
- Ensure collaboration and coordination between the activities of the IMC and the MOH to ensure that a parallel system is not created.
- Monitor and ensure that health activities are carried out in accordance with Cameroon Ministry of Health protocols.
- In conjunction with the Access Officer, monitor the overall security and access environment for the smooth running of program activities.
- Represent IMC at all meetings including regional coordination meetings, cluster meetings and meetings with various stakeholders.
- Oversee staff performance and progress on IMC mentoring and training processes.
- Identify and resolve any issues that may negatively affect the project and escalate accordingly to the Field Coordinator, Program Coordinator or Medical Director.
- Create and maintain good contacts and networks with the various stakeholders inside and outside the project to ensure the smooth running of all activities.
- Contribute to the drafting of the project proposal as well as the drafting of the concept note to donors
- Propose other areas of potential funding opportunities and prepare reports thereon and submit them.
- Monitor the effective presence of staff in health facilities and monitor all clinical activities for compliance with ethics and IMC standards.
- Ensure the smooth running of the programme/project indicators and make the necessary modifications to redirect the achievement of the indicators.
- Ensure adequate and timely availability of medicines and supplies in quantity and of good quality.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain frequent communication with the Field Coordinator to ensure that health program activities and objectives are communicated;
- Work with Finance Director and Logistics Manager to ensure proper implementation of IMC field program coordination;
- Represent IMC at health and nutrition working group meetings, donors conducted regional level visits and assessment missions;
- Interface with Ministry of Health counterparts, Regional Public Health Program Delegate to ensure mutual understanding of programs;
- Work with key donor staff to develop and maintain an optimal programmatic relationship
- Ensure maximum visibility of the agency within the NGO community;
- Facilitate the production of technical reports and ensure the timeliness and accuracy of the information provided, as well as the confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and the overall credibility of the organization, in particular through the application of the mandate, ethics, values and point of view of IMC vis-à-vis other actors
Skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years of management experience in a humanitarian or development context with at least five years of INGO program management experience in the same or similar role
- Experience in medical emergency response
- Experience in managing health and nutrition programs and experience working in partnership with the Ministry of Public Health is strongly desired.
- Proven ability to write coherent proposals and write solid reports;
- Previous experience managing programs funded by US government agencies, ECHO, UN foundations, and private donors is a must, with previous experience in competitive environments a plus.
- Proven ability to manage projects to completion on time, within budget and with expected results (minimum 2 years of experience)
- Education: MD/Masters in Public Health or equivalent in related health field
- Language: Excellent command of English/Pidgin (fluency in oral and written English)
- Knowledge: Essential computer skills (word, excel and internet)
- Certification in People Management and Development
- Results and quality orientation
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to respond to multiple priorities in a timely manner, producing high quality results.
- Proven decision-making ability
- Good communication skills
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience with a multi-disciplinary team in a cross-cultural setting, including active mentoring and coaching. Strong leadership, motivation and team spirit skills;
- Extremely flexible and able to deal with stressful situations and frustrations
Safety and Driving
- Ensure compliance with security protocols and policies. Consider security implications of programs, reviewing plans with appropriate teams and stakeholders.
- Contribute to the positive image and overall credibility of the program and organization, including through adherence to the Code of Conduct and Ethics, including adherence to anti-harassment, safeguarding, and PSEA policies.
- Perform other assigned duties. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily exhaustive.
Code of conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps and donor compliance and ethics standards and comply with these standards.
If in a supervisory position, role model ethical behavior through own conduct and supervision of the work of others; ensure that those reporting to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards described in the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics; monitor the compliance of those you supervise; apply the International Medical Corps Code of Conduct and Ethics and policies, including the Safeguard Policy and the Protection Against Harassment, Bullying, and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fair; support employees who, in good faith, raise questions or concerns.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age , disability or veteran status.
International Medical Corps never asks job applicants for a fee, payment, or any other monetary transaction. If you are asked for money in connection with this recruitment, please report it to International Medical Corps on the website to report misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com*. Please do not submit your CV or application on this website, it will not be considered for consideration.*
How to register
How to register
Application packages including: Cover letter and CV, 3 references and copies of supporting documents relevant to the application should be forwarded to the International Medical Corps email address: [email protected]