Local real estate agent hosts fundraiser to support Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KGET) – October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, but a local real estate agent says being “aware” of the problem is not enough.
Nona Darling is organizing a campaign to support the Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault. The organizers are asking for new, unworn underwear and other clothing for victims of domestic violence.
They also collect personal hygiene products for women, including shampoo, shower gel, toothpaste, toothbrushes and laundry detergent.
The campaign began on Monday and lasts until October 29.
You can drop items for the player in these locations:
- Alliance Against Family Violence and Sexual Assault – 1921 19th St.
- RE / MAX Golden Empire – 3955 chemin du Café
- Cornerstone Mortgage – 4560 California Ave. 3rd Floor
- Caisse populaire AltaOne – 6501, avenue Ming.
- Caisse populaire AltaOne – 11211, boulevard River Run
- Downtown Elementary School – 2021 M St.
- Guarantee Shoe Center – 2101 21st St.
- Regional Occupation Center – 501 S. Mount Vernon Ave.
- State Farm – Agent Julie Franks – 526 Center Street in Taft
- Stockdale High School Theater – 2800 Buena Vista Road