Texas, Democratic lawmakers are fleeing the state, taking Miller Lite and washing their underwear in sinks to prevent passage of a so-called “voter suppression” bill.
Across the water, the Cuban people rise up in protest against the country’s communist government.
Finally, President Joe Biden and Dr Anthony Fauci are teaming up with pop star Olivia Rodrigo to encourage young people to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Here are the quotes of the week:
POP STAR READS SPARKLING FAUCI TWEETS IN LATEST VACCINE AWARENESS VIDEO FROM WHITE HOUSE
“We’re here to say to the government: ‘We don’t want your benefits, we don’t want your well-being, don’t come knocking on my door with your Fauci-ouchie. You leave us alone!“
– Rep. Lauren Boebert, a Republican from Colorado, at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
“The US State Department and its officials, deeply involved in promoting social and political instability in #Cuba, should avoid expressing hypocritical concern for a situation they are betting on. Cuba is and will remain a peaceful country, unlike the United States. “
– Carlos F. de Cossio, the Cuban Director General of American Affairs, the Twitter amid calls for freedom of Cuban the people of their communist regime.
“I stand with the Cuban people as they take to the streets and let their voices be heard and do whatever they cannot do in Florida without qualifying as an “aggravated riot” under anti- demonstration of Ron Desantis. “
– Florida State Rep. Omari Hardy, a democrat, in a Tweeter in response to Governor Ron DeSantis’s expression of support for protesters in Cuba.
“I don’t think we should underestimate what that could mean. Because in some people’s minds that means, well, you’re going to have to photocopy or photocopy your ID to send it in to prove that you are who you are. Well, there are a lot of people, especially people who live in rural communities. There are no Kinkos, there is no Office Max near them. People need to understand that when we talk about voter identification laws, be clear who you are thinking of and what would be required of them to prove who they are. Of course, people have to prove who they are, but not in a way that makes it almost impossible for them to prove who they are.. “
– Vice president Kamala harris discuss Voter ID in one interview.
“[Biden will] also denounce efforts to strip the franchise as authoritarian and anti-American and speak out against the idea that politicians should be allowed to choose their voters or subvert our system by replacing independent electoral authorities with authorities partisan. And he will highlight the administration’s work against that: the need to pass the For the People Act and John Lewis’s Advancement of Voting Rights Act and how we need to work with advocacy organizations. civics to achieve such broad participation in voter education systems. to overcome the worst challenge to our democracy since the civil war. “
– White House press officer Jen psaki on Monday press conference.
“I think you are a bad human being … I have great respect for the court, but not for you, sir. “
– CEO of Tesla and SpaceX Elon musk has a lawyer representing shareholders allegedly damaged by a bad deal signed by Musk.
“[The Americans] used every YouTubers and influencers they could get on social media including a certain actress with certain characteristics who started supporting the embargo but it seems they put her under pressure and she ended up calling me a tyrant and other epithets. “
– Cuban dictator Miguel Diaz Canel affirming the US government has colluded with YouTubers and influencers to incite protests in Cuba. Her mention of “a certain actress with certain characteristics” is probably a reference to pornstar Mia Khalifa, who responded to Diaz-Canel in a Tweeter.
“But [Bill Barr] became a different man when Democrats vehemently declared that they wanted to impeach him. They’ve gone mad. “We want to remove him. We’re going to remove Bill Barr. We are going to remove him. He has become different. I understand that. I haven’t become any different. I have been dismissed twice. I did not change. I got worse. “
– Former president Donald trump during his speech at word CPAC discusses its relationship with former Attorney General Bill Barr.
“My first meal as a fugitive. Delicious. “
– Rep. from the state of Texas Gene wu, one of the Democrats who escape the State on a bill on the integrity of elections, on Twitter, accompanied by a photo of the Caesar salad he ate for lunch.
“We will win, we will win, we will win one day! Deep in our hearts I believe we’ll overcome someday! “
– Fugitive Texas Democrats at a press conference on Capitol Hill singing “We will overcome.”
“Olivia Rodrigo comes to the White House today with a clear message to young people: get vaccinated. This is the best way to protect yourself and your loved ones from dangerous new variants of COVID-19.. “
– President Joe biden at Twitter. President brought in 18-year-old ‘driver’s license’ singer to spread message of youth vaccination, decision by White House staff rented.
“Communism is a failed ideology, and we certainly believe it. He let down the Cuban people. They deserve freedom. They deserve a government that supports them … Instead, it was a government – an authoritarian communist regime – that cracked down on its people. “
– Press officer Jen psaki at press conference Thursday.
“Communism is a failed system, a universally failed system, and I don’t see socialism as a very useful substitute.”
– President Joe biden at press conference with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
“I am unequivocal in the #FreeBritney camp. “
– Senator from Texas. Ted cruz on Fox Business discuss Guardianship of Britney Spears.
“If Man Crush Monday gets you vaccinated, go for it. “
– Dr. Antoine Fauci appearing in a film produced by the White House video discuss vaccinations.
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
“You bet we recognize and honor our country’s heritage. Like most Texans, this is what we do tonight: use whatever is accessible, wash [sic] our clothes in the sink.“
– Donna Howard, a Democrat from Texas on the run Twitter, posting a picture of her wet underwear hanging from the curtain rod in her hotel shower.
Original location: “My first meal as a fugitive”: quotes of the week