Prince Andrew left Queen in a very embarrassing position, expert says | Royal | New
Speaking to Channel 5 News, Ms Bond claimed Prince Andrew “hides behind” the Queen’s tartan skirt at Balmoral as attorneys for accuser Virginia Giuffre attempt to serve papers on the Duke. In a scathing attack, Ms Bond also tagged the Duke claiming he was ‘evading’ attempts to serve him with papers in the 50,000-acre royal estate. It comes as lawyers for Virginia Giuffre, who accuses the prince of assault and battery through sexual assault and intentionally inflicting emotional distress, have repeatedly failed in their attempts to serve court documents on Prince Andrew. The Duke of York, 61, has vehemently denied all of the allegations made by Ms Giuffre.
Ms Bond has claimed Prince Andrew denies the allegations: “I think this is a difficult time for the prince.”
She also speculated that she didn’t think the Queen was “in an enviable position at all” after the saga.
Ms Bond went on to suggest: “I think it is very embarrassing for her to have her 61 year old son basically hidden behind his tartan skirt over there at Balmoral!”
And in a final stern assertion, the royal expert added: “50,000 acres to walk around and have his shooting games and yet basically tried to get away from the people trying to serve him papers!”
JUST IN Lilibet and Archie could inherit surprising genetic disease from mom Meghan Markle
The comments come as, in documents filed with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on Friday, attorneys for Virginia Giuffre say there was a first attempt to serve the papers on the Duke on August 26.
It states that within 21 days of the summons, the plaintiff must receive a response to the complaint, and “if you do not respond, a default judgment will be issued against you for the relief requested in the complaint.”
But when an officer made his way to Windsor Great Park, he was turned away by a Metropolitan Police officer acting as chief of security. They have since failed to serve papers on the Duke on several occasions.
A spokesperson for the High Court in London said the question of how claims might be served on parties in different jurisdictions was governed by the Hague Convention, which requires claims to be made and approved by the authority competent in each country.
The High Court on Wednesday granted Virginia Giuffre’s request to formally contact the Duke about the alleged sexual assault case.
Buckingham Palace had previously issued a statement saying: “The Duke of York unequivocally regrets his ill-advised association with Jeffrey Epstein.
“Epstein’s suicide left many questions unanswered, especially for his victims. The Duke deeply sympathizes with those involved who want some form of closure.
“He hopes that over time they can rebuild their lives. The Duke is ready to assist any appropriate law enforcement agency with their investigations if necessary.
“The Duke has previously stated that he did not see, witness or suspect any behavior of the type that subsequently led to the arrest and conviction of Jeffrey Epstein. He deplores the exploitation of all human beings. and would not tolerate, participate in or encourage any such behavior. “